Founded in 1985, our organization represents doctors (MD’s and DO’s) who have a special interest in the practice of Orthopaedic Medicine. We would like to see it gain broader acceptance in conventional medical circles, and be more widely available to the public.
- To improve medical standards in diagnosis and treatment of patients with musculoskeletal disorders.
- To encourage teaching of orthopaedic medicine in medical school, undergraduate and postgraduate curricula.
- To represent and protect the interest of orthopaedic physicians in matters pertaining to practice.
- To encourage research in orthopaedic medicine.
- Full membership is open to MD’s and DO’s. Associate memberships are available to dentists, physiotherapists, nurse practitioners and naturopaths.
- Benefits to membership are many, and include access to recent updates on all things orthopaedic medicine, becoming part of our very popular e-mail list serve, being part of a practice-changing organization, invitations to workshops and conferences, and rubbing shoulders with a great group of colleagues and thinkers!.